Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Boats In The Bay -a plein air painting from Morro Bay

 

Boats In The Bay  oil 8x10 inches
Purchase info here.  

In August we had an RV camping trip planned for Pismo Beach and Hearst/San Simeon. The night before we left I found out that the state campground in San Simeon had closed due to Covid.  We scrambled to find another spot and fortunately booked a space in Morro Bay.  What a blessing in disguise!  We enjoyed biking through town, eating fresh fish, and clam chowder.  I managed to squeeze in a couple of paintings.  For this one I positioned myself on an elevated boardwalk.  Morro Rock and the boats posed nicely for me, my husband helped carry my gear, and read a book patiently nearby.  It seems like so long ago now.  I've been housebound too long and I'm itching to travel and paint again.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.  In the next post, a studio painting based on a plein air study from Morro Bay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)