Saturday, June 26, 2021

Painting Again -SOLD

 


Painting Again  oil 8x8 inches
Email for purchase info: karenwernerart@gmail.com

I'm very happy to announce that this little still life has been juried in to The American Impressionist Society's 22nd Annual National Juried Exhibition.  Held at the 1516 Gallery in Omaha, Nebraska, the exhibit runs from September 9 through December 12th.  This is my seventh consecutive acceptance into an AIS juried exhibition.  Even so, when it's time to submit, I enter two pieces and brace myself for the rejection of both.  You just never know.  

In anticipation of the exhibit,  I painted a large still life work (16x20) entitled "When They Were Little" with the hopes that it would be chosen. I thought the size and ambitious subject matter would appeal to the juror.  Two may be submitted, but only one can be selected by the juror. This accepted painting in my opinion is small but mighty.  Sometimes the simpler statement, even though small, results in a stronger painting.  Maybe that's what the juror thought.  Then again, you just never know!   

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think you covered your bases in terms of your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,

    Une très belle peinture... mes félicitations.
    Je vous souhaite un vif succès, je croise les doigts pour vous.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)