Saturday, January 22, 2022

Red Ribbon

 


Red Ribbon  oil 10x10 inches
Purchase info here. 

Here's a demonstration I did for a workshop I held in September.  Our tree was giving us hundreds of apples, so I continued to paint them while I had them   You may have noticed my love of red and green together.  Speaking of color temperature, these are cool reds, and comparatively cool greens, so I kept the drapery cool as well.  The book, apple russet (the golden brown on top) and the stems are warm browns.  An example of dominantly cool, with a bit of warm.  The composition is cruciform, my favorite.  The objects go off all four sides, dividing the picture plane into interesting negative shapes.  I hope this is interesting to you.  These are the things I think about, and teach in my workshops.  For me, it is very fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)