Friday, July 8, 2022

Peach Blossoms

 


Peach Blossoms  oil 12x9 inches
Purchase info here. 

In February our peach tree was doing this.  This is one of the few times I painted what was really in the backgound behind my still life; my studio sink!  For you painters out there, you might be interested in the fact that I painted this with no solvent.  In an effort to be kind to my airways,  I used only Safflower oil from the grocery store to clean my brushes throughout.  I wondered if it would ever dry!  Eventually it did, and wtih  the most luscious sheen.  Since then I've employed a couple of other methods instead to keep the air cleaner in my studio: my trash bucket is a few steps away from me rather than right under me, and after I'm done for the day, I put my trash outside to oxidize rather than in my studio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)