Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Abe X2, Paintworks Challenge SOLD















oil on single canvas panel 6x8 inches

This week's challenge was posed by Raymond Logan. He said it would be tough, and it was. I painted right from the photo on my laptop, following the rules: paint a black and white using only burnt umber, ult. blue and white, while simultaneously painting a full color portrait from the black and white reference. It was the first time I tried inventing color from a b&w. Fun!
Tomorrow I'll demonstrate at Associated Artists of the Inland Empire's monthly demo meeting. I got lucky...the scheduled demonstrator couldn't make it, so I'm the stand-in! Should be lots of fun because I consider them all my artsy good friends.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job! I am so impressed that you tackled this challenge - I avoided it with the excuse that I am a watercolorist...

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)