Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Red Onions



















oil on canvas panel 6x8 inches
Our local stand had these big onions. Don't know how to eat 'em but I can paint 'em! About my last post...when I said click on the icon on the right, I forgot my subscribers don't see an icon! So subscribers, you'll have to go to my blog to hit the link to Daily Painter Originals. My bad...I'm still learning my way through cyberspace.
JUST PICKED! Rosa chose this painting as her favorite of the day on Rosa Picks...check it out! Thanks so much, Rosa!

11 comments:

  1. Another fabulous painting Karen! You are truly a fabulous painter! They look like purple leeks, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I chose this painting as my favorite on my blog, rosaspicks.wordpress.com. I hope you'll come by and check it out! Thanks, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are so fresh looking! lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These really look life fresh onions, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, these leeks are wonderful. Such rich color and great brush strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course she picked this painting, it is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully sensitive handling of your paint and your subject. I love your still life pieces. They have so much punch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great painterly style - love the color in this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really wonderful color and compositional lead in, love this view

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful painting. So fresh and alive with color. Love the composition too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great composition and technique! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)