Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Demo




















oil on canvas panel 8x8 inches
While they seemed friendly enough, Associated Artists made me paint as fast as I could, and in the dark! (See below photo for proof.) Since they were so mean, :-) I spent this morning trying to rescue my painting. In case you were there, no, there were no blueberries in the painting when I started. I forgot them when I set up my still life...probably because nobody offered me any cookies! Photo below is by my friend Mary Jo, who managed to get me (8 feet tall now, apparently), my set up and the gigantic screen all in one shot. Whew!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you rescued the painting, it looks great. I can't even imagine the pressure of painting a demo - especially without proper light, ew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting! Love the reflections of the fruit in the silver, color, brushstrokes . . . everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reflection and the light on the cup. The red color shows beautifully.
    I'm inspired by your saying at the demo: 'practice,practice..all will become natural and you will be set free'

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)