Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Color Notes - SOLD















oil on canvas panel 9x12 inches
sold
My long-time friend, Carol in Oklahoma is a music teacher. She sings, plays the flute and piano, and teaches elementary music. What a talent! She requested a painting with a flute incorporating red. Wow! This was darn hard...but I like a good challenge. My favorite aspect are the little notes of red reflected in the flute.
Later note:
Okay, so this was practice for the next one with a flute! The blue is a bit much for Carol. (I don't blame her!) So now it's up for auction...anybody want a flute painting?

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing Karen!!
    Amid all that is going on in the flute, you even added the writing on the mason jar. Carol must be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your friend is sure to love this painting! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect title. Great job on the refective lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Karen! Cropping, color and technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been away a bit. Glad to catch up. This is amazing! It sparkles. Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the interesting detail here. After always trying to play-down the details, the flute looks fantastic !! Nice little touches of red and blue reflecting off the surface, too.....

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)