Thursday, March 24, 2011

Berries On The Grid- SOLD




















oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
sold
Okay I lied when I said I was done with strawberries. You have to understand...we have strawberry fields within walking distance in three directions. Our season is long...from late January till the 4th of July. I like the little extra dark one in the back, and the shadows falling on the blue stripes were fun too. Looks like part of a stripe is missing on the right side. Actually, it wasn't visible because of a fold. I'm debating about putting it in anyway. If I hadn't mentioned it would you have said part was missing?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    I didn't notice it. I don't think it affects the impact. It's yet another great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplish a nice depth with your reds Karen - lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely luscious strawberries. It's good there are so many because otherwise I, for one, would eat them before I could paint them! I did not miss the stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, and nice to hear I don't need that stripe piece...no fun going back into a partially dry painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not have noticed and it doesn't matter at all---there is a shadow there as well. Great painting...love the light on the berries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So juicy and yummy looking. I like the composition,and no, wouldn't have noticed the missing stripe. The shadow takes the eye away from the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fresh! Love your strawberry paintings. Take advantage of the season.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)