Friday, March 11, 2011

Jar, Freesia & Fruit-SOLD




















oil on canvas panel 8x6 inches
sold
Three friends who take watercolor classes from me came over and watched me paint this morning. We had a lot of fun...and food...(it's all about the food.) I offered them "brunch with entertainment". Above is the result. The jar was requested subject matter, and a good challenge. It has been a while since the last jar. I really enjoy demonstrating, but this week I've learned that while I can paint and talk at the same time, I may not be doing either at optimum level! I'm ready to go alone into my little paint cave and stay there. And I am done with freesias, strawberries and off-white backgrounds.

4 comments:

  1. Apparently you can paint, talk and eat all at the same time. This is great! Very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the two areas of red from the flowers and strawberry against your very nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends and I just bet you are a really good teacher. I like this jar with the flowers- sweet and simple, well done. The added fruit is really good- that strawberry is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time of painting and sharing with friends. Lovely painting, too!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)