Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Bluebirds-Daily Paintworks Challenge


oil on canvas panel 4x6 inches
click here to bid
I've been wanting to paint these for a long time and decided they were perfect for the current Daily Paintworks Challenge. The challenge is to complete the painting stroke by stroke while mixing a new color for every single stroke. It's a very powerful exercise that makes every stroke deliberate...it combats noodling! The result is a painting like fresh sushi as opposed to well-done beef.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, these are lovely and I think I might know where they come from since you have relatives in that area (smiles). Your strokes are perfect and catch the facets of light. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little painting, Karen! I loved it even before I realized it was for the DPW challenge. Wonderful colors and brush strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blues and whites look so fresh. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DID it!! I tried and didn't quite succeed. It's definitely a great exercise. Your painting looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous piece, Karen. So sweet, simple and clean. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favourite,you've captured the light in the glass and the brushstrokes are visible...lovely!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)