Saturday, February 16, 2013

Yellow Cottage -sold


oil 10x8 inches -sold- Yesterday I met up with about twenty members of SOCALPAPA at Crystal Cove State Beach. It was 80 degrees and chock full of stuff to paint: cottages, hillside cliffs, ocean and tide pools. I wiped out my first two attempts. I felt like I had forgotten how to paint. I was too warm, I needed my shorts and flip flops, coffee and breakfast. Some plein air days are like this. Okay, so I took all my excuses with me to the cafe and had a fabulous lunch. After that I found a perfect spot of deep shade, a new subject and had a great time. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, This is gorgeous. Love the yellow building. The last three days I have painted have felt very unfamiliar. I struggled but it is encouraging to know that I am not alone. You encourage me to try plein air. Maybe just maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)