Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mission Courtyard


oil 12x9 inches click for purchase information and zoom Just five days remain of the Los Angeles County Fair. So far I've completed twenty paintings. Talking with the general public who come to see what I'm doing has been rewarding and interesting. Visitors have lots of compliments and questions too. Questions about my materials, and of course, how "long does it take you to do that?" Well, "five hours and eight years of study and practice." And there are stories about their aunt, or dad or grandma who paints. On Sunday I got the most insulting question ever, which I refused to answer, and won't repeat here. But soon after, a family from Upland came by. Ten year old Jordan has been following my blog and came to meet me. She found my blog a while back by searching "artist". Surprised and delighted, I shook her hand, we talked briefly and they were off to enjoy the rest of the fair. Wish I'd taken a picture! So here's a shout out to Jordan from Upland: Thank you for finding me! It was a delight to meet you, and you made my day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely animated painting full of light and beautiful color. Isn't it amazing how everyone has an aunt who paints REALLY well? :-)

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)