Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sill Life With Doll


oil 12x9 inches click here for purchase information and zoom These objects made a nice muted green and violet color scheme. I also liked the contrasting textures of metal, ceramic and fabric. The doll's small face was difficult. My first two attempts were pretty scary looking. I thought it was funny how just teeny tiny touches of paint could make a mouth or eye go from wrong to scary, to deformed, then finally right. Pardon the glare around the cup handle.

1 comment:

  1. I like this little Dutch set up. The colors are nice and soft. You made me laugh with your face struggle. Been there. My little niece had this doll that she slept with that was so scary looking because the eyes were rolled into the back of the head. She loved that possessed doll.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)