Sunday, November 9, 2014

Stars & Stripes -an American Flag oil painting


oil 12x12 SOLD magnify This is a commissioned piece, and the fifth and largest American Flag painting I have done. I love my country and I love our flag, so it is always an honor to paint it. The collector requested "lots of stars and stripes" so it was much more involved than my previous 8x8's. It took some time! To see some of my previous flag paintings, click on "American Flag" in "labels" below. Tuesday is Veteran's Day. If you are a veteran reading this, I sincerely thank you for your service. My father, son and a close friend of ours served in the Marine Corps, so I'm somewhat familiar with the kind of sacrifices you have made in service to our country. Thank you, and God bless you.

4 comments:

  1. Your flag paintings are the VERY BEST! I bid on one a couple a years ago on Daily Paintworks and lost it in the auction when I had to be away from the computer. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carol. I guess I should paint them more often and spread the love (of country!)

      Delete
  2. Wow Karen! That is so beautifully painted!
    Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)