Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Turquoise Pitcher


oil 8x8 inches magnify/purchase info Number 22 of 31 paintings in 31 days, this is one of my favorites. For me, the benefit of painting every day like I did in January, is being able to work with confidence instead of second guessing as I go along. It results in loose looking brushwork; laying down a stroke and leaving it alone, moving on to the next area and not fussing with things as I go. This painting is a good example. It has the freshness I'm looking for in my work. Back when I was painting mostly watercolor I heard this: "Do you want your painting to be like fresh sushi or well-done beef?" I'm going for the sushi. I've got to paint every day.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Cette composition est remplie d'énergie avec ce magnifique contraste des oranges et des turquoise...
    La lumière est aussi merveilleusement omniprésente.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the turquoise pitcher, such an unusual perspective for a still life. Karen, you know how to make a painting more special to look at.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)