Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Costello Family's Yosemite Valley

Posted by Picasa
oil on canvas 36x48 inches
not for sale
Now for something different. I completed this painting in December as a Christmas gift to our daughter and family. (Their request.) So with this, I went from painting little 6x6s to pretty big! It was a blast. And I had a really good reason to buy a beautiful Best easel!!! The sky is my favorite part. I worked from six good photos Shelly had taken when they visited Yosemite last summer. I give credit to Greg La Rock (a fabulous plein air painter) who taught atmospheric perspective at his workshop I attended last spring. I doubt I would have gotten the depth without his instruction. It's finally dry and varnished, ready for the framer. We all are very excited to see it hanging in their living room. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

No word verification needed. :-)