Thursday, March 4, 2010

Standing Asparagus SOLD

Posted by Picasa
oil on canvas panel 8x6 inches

Another sign of spring: asparagus in the grocery store! I'm really happy with this little painting. The pinks and greens produce a soft color balance. Last week at Carol Marine's workshop in San Luis Obispo I learned about color choice for toning your canvas. (And a LOT of other great stuff too! Click on my list to see her work.) Can you see the little bits of my pink ground poking through? I'm learning how to leave little bits instead of plastering the whole canvas with paint. I'm telling you, it takes a lot of self control for me to not overwork things! The drapery was difficult. I had to wipe it out and try again. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)