Friday, July 23, 2010

African Violets -sold


oil on canvas panel 8x8 inches
click here to bid
Last night's Fontana Arts Festival was fantastic---a well organized event with awesome musical performances and a variety of visual arts on display. The best part for me was painting and interacting with curious onlookers. You can see my subject on the table in the next photo below. As the sun set the foliage was more and more backlit. I stuck with the black tablecloth for my background, letting my pink ground peek through in places. I finished just before the sun went down. Whew!




I had two tables loaded with my daily paintings in oil, my print rack with prints and original watercolors, and framed pieces hanging at the back. My hubby helped me throughout---thanks, honey! It was a wonderful artsy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)