Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Demo At Artists of the High Desert


oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
Here's my demonstration painting for High Desert Artists--a friendly bunch who share a pot-luck lunch before their demonstrations. My kind of people! Food is good. Not wanting to venture into uncharted territory in front of people, I chose subject matter I've been working with for the last few days. It was too much fun painting and talking at the same time...my two favorite things to do!



Viki the orchid loving artist won the raffle, and chose "Three Little Orchids". Thanks, High Desert Artists, for your warm hospitality.


2 comments:

  1. Karen, I really like this one -it's simple and yet interesting in its composition. The large open area is so interesting - many times it's the negative shape that makes the painting.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)