Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blueberries & Peach-sold


oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
click here to bid
I love how this painting turned out. A long time ago I read on Qiang Huang's blog that a good design has lines, dots and areas. Blueberries are deep blue dots just as they are, so I added the mint leaves counting on a few veins for lines. Even the peach has a line, so I made it evident. The viewer's eye moves all over the painting, enjoying the shapes and fresh color.
Tomorrow I'll be demonstrating for Artists of the High Desert, 16930 Main St. Suite 3 in Hesperia. If you're in the area, come out and join us. Potluck and meeting begins at 11:00 and demonstration follows.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely painting. I especially like how you painted the blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good philosophy with the lines, dots + areas Karen. And your piece is an excellent example of a good composition - set-up for great eye movement.
    Love the simplicity of the objects as well. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent application of painterly principles! And a feel-good visual effect too.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)