Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fruit Stand Reds & Greens


watercolor 9x12 inches magnify/purchase "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!" This line from an old sports show came to mind. Last watercolor posted seemed so fun and effortless, with too much confidence I ventured outside this time for more fun....NOT! The heat got to me and dried everything too fast. So the lovely fruit stand items were overworked, and the tomato became a large sinister tomato monster, overpowering everything else. Still, I thought the set up had potential, so I gave it another try (inside) another day using my first painting as reference. I shrunk the tomato, left out a few cherries and moved an onion. The painting has life, but is still more heavy handed than the last one posted. Might be the deeper color scheme.

1 comment:

  1. I love them both. The first one seems to have a much warmer palette, so maybe I favor that one a little more.
    Love your blog! Happy painting, Rita

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)