Friday, January 1, 2021

The One Green Shoe

 

The One Green Shoe    oil, 10x10 inches
Purchase info here.

Have you heard of the phenomena of "the one shoe?"  You're driving around town, or even on a road trip, and you see one shoe by the side of the road.  What happened to the other one?  This has always amused me, and my painting brings it to mind. 

 I had a lot of fun painting this.  If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen the time lapse video.  In the video it's a bit hard to see, but at the end I showed the three tubes of paint I used to paint this: cad red light, cad yellow light and ultramarine blue (plus white of course).  No lime green or violet tubes of paint.  You can mix just about anything with the three primaries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)