Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oranges & Cherries SOLD


oil on canvas panel 6x8 inches

This one gave me trouble. Not the oranges or cherries, but that dastardly background! The cutting board surface was a blah color that looked fleshy in the painting. The foreground worked, but not the back....so I painted it black! That made for some nice contrast with the oranges, but upon a fresh look this morning...a Halloween look! Ugh! I painted it over--whew! I think it works well.

On another note: For those of you watching my figure painting studies, a week ago tonight was our last class. Over the ten weeks I started out strong and thought I would just do better each week. It seems logical, but last week was a struggle and I wiped it out! It was frustrating and humbling. Over the long haul we daily painters get better and better, but over the short haul we still have ups and downs...a lesson I have to learn and re-learn.
"PAINT A LOT OF PAINTINGS AND SOME OF THEM WILL BE GOOD." Unknown


2 comments:

  1. I like your neutral background and think you made an great choice Karen. The fruit looks lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think the better background is the one you chose. Great composition and the fruit looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)