Saturday, April 24, 2021

Jacaranda Too

 


Jacaranda Too  acrylic 9x12 inches
Purchase info here.

In January I purchased a set of acrylic paints.  I wondered what it would be like to work with a medium so fluid, vibrant in color, and fast drying.  Turns out it's a lot of fun!  This is my first painting in acrylic. For a bit of familiarity I used one of my own oil paintings for reference.  For exploring any new medium, a good starting point is a subject you have already done in your familiar medium.  
You can see this tree in San Juan Capistrano right across the street from the new Mission Basillica.  This was a little Mexican Restaurant, but I think it has changed hands having not survived the pandemic shut down.  The tree continues on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)