Monday, February 27, 2012

Midway Colors



oil 12x9 inches
Click to Purchase
100% of sale to benefit Wounded Warrior Project
custom framing available

Here is the fourth and last painting for Wounded Warrior Project. Last November we took an amazing audio tour of the USS Midway docked in San Diego Harbor. (Five hours and every minute fascinating.) Out of all the photos I took, the reference for this painting had all of my favorite aspects: the massiveness of the ship itself, a reference to the Marine Corps, and Old Glory waving in the ocean breeze.

4 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely exquisite painting. My daddy was a Marine, and I was born on Parris Island, SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Karen! Wonderful balance and composition and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole series is so wonderful. What a great way to honor our dedicated military. As a daughter, wife and mother of veterans I thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)