Monday, October 3, 2011

Bed, Bath & Beyond















oil on canvas panel 9x12 inches

This mountain cabin is in Big Bear. It appeared just as I've painted it, with all the "facilities" out in the front yard. Well, the bed is on the side, but still. I could have straightened the stump, but the pot threatening to slide off kinda fit with all the rest. For me, the appeal of this subject was lots to look at, plus the dappled light. I slowed way down, purposed to leave my brushstrokes alone, and painted it in two sessions.

4 comments:

  1. Love the title Karen. Perfect. AS is the painting. You did a great job with the dappled light. Such a hard thing. The colors in this piece give it so much personality. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I really like about this is the dappled light, the deep shadows. Very nice painting. Kind of like the crooked stump and the bed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen I love this I really like the spots of color and light. All the extras are so nice like the bathtub and other interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both paintings are fabulous. Is that an old claw foot bathtub in the front yard of the B&B? I have one in my front yard that i use as a fish pond.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)