Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pear Fancy -sold


oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
SOLD
The delicate color shifts in a pear are beautiful. My goal in continuing practice with pears is to be able to suggest the varied colors and still show the three dimensional form...like you could reach out and pick it up. I think I'm making progress. The teal blue and terra cotta colors in the fluted bowl seemed like a refreshingly different color scheme. The multiple highlights on the very shiny glaze give it sparkle.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Your pear is so well done, and I love the bowl. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very nice that you reflect the huge range of colors in the pear, which really compliments the colorful patterned plate Karen. Wonderful little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pear is beautifully painted. I love the glazed plate.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)