Friday, October 29, 2010

Plein Air At Amy's Farm SOLD


oil on canvas panel 12x9 inches

Just around the corner from us some long time friends own and run "Amy's Farm". They offer field trip farm experiences for young children and grow organic vegetables. This morning it was just too beautiful to paint inside, so I headed over to the farm. In the garden, the light was hitting the tops of fence boards, planted rows, and that lone discarded pumpkin...so I turned it into a painting. (The painting is better than the photo!) Turns out I had painted the compost pile! Farmer Randy liked it and bought it as a birthday gift for someone who lives and works on the farm, and rightfully so. She adds goat manure to the compost pile all the time. Thank you to Amy's Farm for welcoming kids, teachers, families and artists.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, Karen! Beautiful light on the garden. Makes me want to visit! Your story made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen!! It IS beautiful! Thanks so much for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen -
    I love this one. The colors are great, composition very nice. It touches me, as I am reminded of gardening when I was young. Congratulations on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty. I was gonna pick out certain spots in the painting I like best, but I like everything. Marketable to anyone. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)