Monday, October 18, 2010

Pueblos


oil on canvas panel 16x20 inches

A few years ago Hubby and I visited Sedona and Santa Fe. Somewhere along the road this awesome scene said "Paint me, paint me, paint me!" We pulled into a turnout and took lots of photos. There was so much there already: repetition of shapes, contrast of warm and cool colors, light and shadow...patterns! I thought about leaving out the poles and pipes, but I like verticals for stability. I've "finished" it several times, but this is the final finish. It will be included in my upcoming month long exhibit at the Fontana Steelworkers Auditorium. More info on that later.

I'm framing and packing up for the Old Town Tustin Art Walk and Plein Air Competition. I'll be painting on the streets this Wednesday and Friday, then on Saturday will be selling my work. If you're within driving distance, I hope you'll come out and say hi. There are 35 plein air painters competing! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated by the adobe buildings- such soft sensuous architecture. I've been thinking about painting something more "up close and personal", but I like the movement you captured in this collection of buildings. Also love the soft colors. Very nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so serene. The colors are very soothing. I like how the blue of the sky is repeated in some of the buildings, and the earth colors are repeated too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)