Friday, April 8, 2011

Plein Air Tree Study-sold




















oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
Plein air is SO challenging for me, I usually only get one little painting done when I go out, then I'm tired and ready to pack up...(okay, I'm a wimp.) Sunday, with the help of a Tiger Milk bar and an orange I was able to do this little study too. This was good practice for maintaining simple shapes sans all the detail. I'm learning about greens too...maybe you CAN use fairly bright greens as long as it all works together???

4 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I think this is wonderful. I love the composition and your sky is the best! I am plein air painting on Sunday and will have to add a TM Bar and an orange for luck. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Kathy, and thanks for all your nice comments! (After you eat the orange, watch out for bees!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, plein air is difficult and often frustrating, but I want to continue to learn. This green works, and gives the paitning a soft misty feel. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choices. The greens look great with the blue violets.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)