Friday, April 29, 2011

The Usual Suspects















Tomorrow I'll be out at the third annual Chino Art Festival. For you locals, it's at City Hall from 10am 'till 4pm. Come out and enjoy the amazing performances, art and lots of crafts. I'll be working on my painting for the day while showing (and hopefully selling!) my oils and watercolors. My friend, Laura Barnes will be demonstrating linoleum cutting and have her block prints and acrylic paintings on display. The festival is put on by the Chino Cultural Center Corporation, a non-profit dedicated to building a Cultural Arts Center in Chino. If you live in the area, I hope you'll come out just for the fun of it, and also to show your support for the arts in our community.

oil on canvas panel 6x8 inches

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen - I love the beautiful colors you used in this painting and the wonderful brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and bold brush strokes--well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are selling like mad at the Chino Art Fest! I like this post--love the colors in this painting. And may I add that I am so glad your blog is on a white background and not black that so many artists are using now. Black doesn't do a thing for paintings. The colors show so much better on white. Thanks for a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egretta, Thanks for that comment about the white. I'm pretty sure I prefer the white due to my background in watercolor. Love those white and near white mats!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)