Monday, April 4, 2011

Vintage Orange Hauler- SOLD




















oil on canvas panel 8x8 inches

On Saturday I had the most wonderful experience! Two artist friends and I went to an Orange Festival in Redlands put on by the Inland Orange Conservancy. Located in an orange grove full of blossoms, it was an aromatherapy painting session! If that wasn't enough, we tasted about 30 different citrus fruits, and went home with bags full of free tree ripened oranges, tangelos and lemons. Above is my work for the day...a 1948 Chevy loaded with wooden orange crates. The sun was in and out, so that was a bit tricky, but I really loved all the different colors on the truck and I'm happy with the result. If you want to help preserve the old orange groves in our area, click on the link above and check out the Conservancy's "Share Of The Crop" program.

6 comments:

  1. I love this painting, Karen. The muted colors in the truck are beautiful. And I love the little shrub in the foreground. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one great painting. Love all the colors in the body of the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on the truck! What a great place to paint; we have orange groves here in Florida and I wish someone would host our artists, too. What a great place to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post- loved hearing about your aromatherapy day with friends. This truck is awesome with all the colors in it. They are all that same value so they work- really like seeing that in action! You can paint anything and well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate every one.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)